It is well documented that most of the Magnesium in oral capsule supplements is lost in the digestive system or eliminated by the body, not reaching the cells that need it. The transdermal method (through the skin) is the most effective way to absorb Magnesium (Mg).
Just 1-2 cups of Mg in a warm bath for 20 minutes can help with a variety of aches and pains, soft tissue recovery and many other things. Check out a few of our therapists’ favourite reasons to use Magnesium:
- Athletes or people who do a lot of physical activity benefit from Magnesium as it helps prevent muscle injuries, cramping, fatigue and muscle tiredness as well as aids in recovery from exercise.
- It can relieve sore muscles and joints, reducing pain related to functional magnesium deficiency and replenishing depleted soft tissue. Mg enables more relaxed muscles and stronger connective tissue.
- It is a powerful anti-stress remedy that assists to help calm nerves, improve sleep and reduce systemic bodily stress.
- It improves energy levels and strengthens the immune system, helping to prevent and fight off colds and infection.
- Mg can have an effect on reproductive function and improve hormonal balance for men and women, often reducing PMS.
- Increasing Mg levels can improve cognitive function in children, the elderly and those undertaking stressful study.
So if increased energy levels, more relaxed muscles (and stronger connective tissues), better sleep, improved mental function and prevention of injury is important to you, why not introduce a weekly 20 minute Magnesium bath into your health routine?
Written by Amber Higgins, BOOST HEALTH COLLECTIVE Myotherapist